Thursday, June 01, 2006

Here goes ..

After what seems like an eternity (not really .. its just been a year but felt like using that cliche anyway) since I gave a serious thought to creating a blog, I'm finally getting down to writing something. Why am I doing it? Its the same reason everybody else is doing it .. what ?? I'm not trying to be evasive .. I already answered it .. because .. "everybody else is doing it". Okay okay, some of you may have a different reason (which, BTW, I would love to hear) but from what I have seen, heard and browsed, that seems to be the reason in most cases. And there is nothing wrong with it .. man wanted to fly because he saw a bird flying. If it were not for this human trait, I would have to drive, then sail and then drive some more to a land I call home. Another reason is my buddy SM aka Ford Prefect. On his blog, he says that I gave him this whole idea about writing a blog but being a regular reader of his blog gave me the much needed push to publish one of my own. Talk about motivation coming full circle.

Now that we have established why lets move on to what. The last time I was thinking of creating a blog was when I wanted to write something about civilizations .. how they have evolved over a couple of thousand years, where they are right now and what might happen to them in the near future. Then I thought maybe I'm missing the meaning of the word "blog" by only trying to write something so specific, because blogging is essentially logging anything in your day-to-day life
on the web(just like the logger application on my server at work). And more importantly, some people would find that topic and the likes to be not so interesting.

So, I decided to write on anything that I find interesting enough to share. However, some things impinge too much into the private lives of people to be logged in a public place that today's web is. Hence, "anything but not everything".

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gud start buddy...i wish there was more...y did u keep it so short ?

1:03 AM  
Blogger Kanip said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fed-ex truck just went by ;-)

still nothing ;-)

9:07 AM  
Blogger Ford Prefect said...

DoooooD ... I can almost remember that night when u got me hooked on to blogging .... I guess I never thanked you for it .. I will ...
Neways Great Start ... and as my appreciation towards your effort , I shall blogroll this on my blog ...

10:07 AM  
Blogger Ford Prefect said...

Youve been tagged..

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home